2 lbs Tri Tip Steak
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup bourbon whisky
2 Tbsp grainy mustard
2 Tbsp Cajun BBQ
2 Tbsp Chipotle Creole
1 Tbsp Deep Roasted Garlic
2 Tbsp butter sliced
- Mix all seasoning ingredients except butter In a bowl. Reserve 1/3 of this liquid for glazing later.
- Now put Tri Tip in this liquid and marinade for 4 hours in the fridge (covered).
- When ready to cook, bring out meat from fridge.
- Preheat grill to high temperature (400 degree)
- Grill Tri Tip until charred (approx 10 min.), then flip it over, lower temp to medium high & grill for 8 more min.
- Remove meat from grill & let it rest on cutting board (approx 10 min.), then slice 1/2” thick pieces against grain.
- Now make the glaze with the reserved liquid in a sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Turn heat down to medium when mixture has thickened, stir in one slice of butter at a time.
- Remove glace from heat & spoon it over steak.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
Grilled asparagus or okras pair well with this dish.