1 container of extra firm tofu
1 cup panko
2 eggs (beaten)
1 can mushroom pieces (drained well)
1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
2 tsp soy sauce (or soy paste)
1 tsp Chili Ginger
1 tsp Deep Roasted Garlic
1 tsp Toasted Sesame
1 tsp Sriracha Teriyaki
1/2 cup corn meal
1 Tbsp oil
- Take tofu out of carton, put it in strainer over a bowl to catch excess water.
- Cover w/ plastic wrap, put a heavy weighted object on top.
- Refrigerate overnight & let more moisture drain down into bowl,
- Next day, remove tofu from strainer and crumble into small pieces like ground meat in a bowl.
- Add all ingredients in the bowl and mix very well.
- Form 4 patties tightly patted down, coat them with corn meal (for added crunch).
- Heat oil in pan over medium high heat, cook patty cakes for 4 minutes each side ’til golden.
- Remove patty cakes onto paper towels to absorb grease.
- Plate patty cakes onto a bed of frisee or arugula greens.
Serve with a dipping sauce by mixing 1/2 cup of mayo + 1 tsp Sriracha Teriyaki