2X Ribeye Steaks (2 lbs total)
1.5 tsp of olive oil
1/2 cup of beef broth
3/4 cup of red wine
4 Tbsp of Coffee Chili
2 Tbsp of Korean BBQ
1 Tbsp of Thai Steak
- Stir in bowl the 3 dry spices and rub the mixture onto the steaks, top off steak with any excess.
- Place the steaks in a plastic bag, sealed, and refrigerate for four hours.
- When ready to cook, remove steaks from fridge and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in large cast iron skillet (or oven safe skillet) over medium high heat & brown steaks to caramelize for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place the skillet in oven until steaks are done to your desired internal temperature (5-7 minutes average).
- Remove steaks from oven & allow to cool on a cutting board for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour red wine into skillet to deglaze the yummy browned bits, reduce liquid to half over medium heat (5 minutes)
- Add beef broth & stir to reduce this sauce over medium heat (5 minutes) to desired consistency.
- Serve this au jus on the side if the steak is whole, or pour sauce over the sliced meat.
- Garnish w/ chopped parsley, chives, or green onion.
- Baked, chunky mashed, or riced potato is perfect with this dish.
- Roasted cauliflower is another tasty optional pairing.