1 lb of Pork (Chucky 1.5” Cubes)
1 lb of Chicken (Chucky Cubes)
1/4 cup oil
1 red onion (chopped)
4 cans of chicken broth
1 28 oz can Hominy (drained)
1 28 oz can Pinto beans (undrained)
1 28 oz can Diced Tomatoes (undrained)
2 Tbsp Deep Roasted Garlic
2 Tbsp Chipotle Creole
1 Tbsp Coffee Chili
1 Tbsp Chili Ginger
1 Tbsp Wasabi Habanero
2 tsp ground cumin
5 limes (juiced)
Radish slices, chopped Cilantro, chopped white onion, shredded green/red cabbage, jalapeños, pickled carrots, lime wedges & chopped avocado . (It’s a party!)
- Combine all 5 seasonings and rub evenly onto pork and chicken.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- When hot, brown the meat on all sides.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and put the meat in there.
- Seal the pan & bake the meat at 275 degree oven for 2 hours.
- In a large heavy pot, add chicken broth, onions, hominy, & pinto beans, stir and bring to a boil.
- Next add tomatoes and baked meat into the boiling broth, reduce heat to medium.
- Add more water or broth to keep ingredients submerged.
- Cook for additional 30 minutes until posole is a thick soupy stew consistency.
- Add lime juice last & stir to brighten the flavors.
Serve in individual bowls and allow guests to select their own garnishes… Play with their Food!
Warm Tortillas is the traditional accompaniment. Toasted crusty bread is ok too.
For vegetarian version: substitute meat with 1 can of black or kidney beans, substitute chicken broth with vegetable broth.